Working with Violent, Suicidal, & Self-Destructive Adolescents – A Hands-on Intensive Training by Matthew Selekman
Working with Violent, Suicidal, & Self-Destructive Adolescents – A Hands-on Intensive Training
A Collaborative Strength-based Family Therapy Approach
Matthew D. Selekman, MSW, LCSW is an approved Supervisor and Clinical Fellow for the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy.
Last day to sign up: 16th August 2021, Monday
6 & 7 October 2021
Between SGT 8.00 am – 5.00 pm
Do you work with high-risk adolescents presenting with violent behaviors, gang involvement, heavy self-injury and substance abuse, chronic eating-distressed behaviors, multiple suicide attempts, severe DSM-V diagnoses, or with extensive treatment histories? Or have to work with helping professionals from larger systems who do not see eye-to-eye regarding problem formulation, the best level of care and treatment modalities?
JOIN US ON THIS HANDS-ON 2-DAY INTENSIVE WORKSHOP WHERE YOU WILL GET TO LEARN:
- A strengths-based integrative Systemic Family Therapy approach combining the best elements of Solution-Focused, MRI Brief Strategic, Narrative, Postmodern Systemic, Art Therapy, and Expressive Writing Therapies.
- How to carefully tailor fit our family therapy approach to the unique needs, preferences, theories of change, expectations, and goals of the family members as part of the tailor fitting process.
- How to draw from key empirically supported findings from recent family therapy outcome research and from our own clinical evidence-based practice wisdom with our therapeutic decision-making.
- Interactive Zoom Webinar
- Breakout Room Discussions with Facilitators
- Demonstration of practice by video-recorded sessions
- Case Studies
About the Trainer
Matthew D. Selekman, MSW, LCSW is an Approved Supervisor and Clinical Fellow for the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, a licensed clinical social worker, and addictions counselor. He also is the Director of Partners for Collaborative Solutions (www.partners4change.net), an international family therapy and brief therapy training and consultation practice in Skokie, IL.
Matthew received the Walter S. Rosenberry Award in 2006, 2000, and in 1999 from The Children’s Hospital in Denver, Colorado for having made significant contributions to the fields of psychiatry and the behavioral sciences. He is the author of 8 professional practice-oriented books and has presented workshops on his collaborative strengths-based family therapy approach with children, adolescents, and adults extensively throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, South America, Europe, Turkey, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.
Workshop Fee: SGD $963 (Incl. GST)
This is a pre-approved VCF-Funded workshop! The approved funding amount is: $433.35.